Thursday, April 30, 2009

There's no place like home . . .

We made it to Connecticut LATE Monday night (really Tuesday morning). My Nana's wake and funeral were very nostalgic, but she would have been so proud of her family all being together, and if there's a silver lining in death, it is definitely that--having family all together again. I just wish everyone had gotten to be together longer (and under better circumstances!)

I had a doctor's appointment before I left. Baby is progressing well--he/she has a good, strong heartbeat (150 beats per minute!) I am convinced it's a boy, but still like the possibility of knowing it could also be a girl. For the record, I have absolutely no preference, but there is something kind of fun in not knowing which is in there right now. Speaking of that, we have our next ultrasound on May 21st. I think we should be able to find out the sex then, as I will be 22 weeks by then, and we have decided to wait until we are faced with the decision to make it (meaning, not sure yet if we want to know the sex, but we'll see!) My pants are just starting to get tighter (at least the ones that sit higher up), but I am desperately trying to hold out until school is over before transitioning into "maternity wear". I'll let you know how it goes :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment