Monday, August 3, 2009

Nursery Progress . . .

I can't believe it is less than two weeks before school begins again (at least for teachers). I have been anxiously trying to get as much done as I can before that date, but of course time has gotten away from me. Luckily, I still have 7-8 weeks left before baby arrives, and a VERY helpful husband, so we'll get everything done. At least I hope so!

Our crib still has not arrived, which makes decorating the nursery a little difficult, but thankfully Philip's grandmother made sure we were not without a place to lay baby's head. She (with Mary's help) made sure we are now in possession of the Collins' Family cradle, the same cradle Philip's grandfather, and many since, slept in nearly 90 years ago. Mary brought it up for us last week, and fitted it with a sheet and bumper. It is a beautiful cradle that also rocks to lull baby to sleep (yay!) Oliver has already been sniffing around it, wondering what the heck it is doing here! Here is a picture of the cradle awaiting baby's arrival!


And a quick picture of the nursery "in progress." We've painted it and added a chair, and as you can see, Oliver snuck into this picture--he definitely doesn't want to be left out! Will post more pictures of the nursery as it is updated!


And finally, a big happy 21st birthday to my brother! I know he is happy, and my parents are relieved, that he is finally legal! PTD, hope you have a wonderful day--wish we could be there to celebrate with you, but doubt a pregnant lady would do much to up the celebration factor of a birthday centered around drinking :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment