Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

In my last post, I told you how much baby has been moving in the last week or so. Well, late Saturday night (early Sunday morning) about 12:30, the baby was REALLY moving. It was totally surreal -- I could actually feel the baby kicking me! I even put my hand on my stomach to see if I could feel the kicks from the outside, and I could! Philip wasn't home yet (bachelor party), and I was dying for him to feel it yesterday, but the baby wasn't as cooperative yesterday--still moving, but not nearly as much or as forcefully.

In other pregnancy revelations, my clothes are really starting not to fit. At first it was a few pants that sat more on my waist. Then, a few other pants fit a little tighter, but today, I put on a pair of khakis that are usually a little loose on me (even in the last few weeks), and though I could button them, I looked like I had been stuffed in there. I guess I should feel lucky that I am 21 weeks and not yet in maternity clothes, but I was REALLY hoping to make it until the end of school and then switch to comfy dresses and skirts for the remainder of the summer -- oh well! I am thankful baby is growing and healthy, so I really have few complaints. This is a difficult time in pregnancy (fashion wise) though. My belly has just started to "pop" and I still look more like I do after eating a large meal than I look like I'm pregnant--meaning if you didn't know I was pregnant, you'd just think I had a belly. So, I'm off to Old Navy today to see what I can find in the way of maternity clothes to last me through for a few more weeks--until I fully intend to spend my time in comfy, flowy dresses! 17 MORE DAYS!!

Also, a belated, but very Happy Mother's Day to my mom, the best role model I could hope for as I become a mother myself, and to all of the other "moms" in my life who are amazing for so many different reasons!

2 comments:

  1. yay meghan you look lovely!! hope you found some good stuff at old navy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures of that belly!!!!

    ReplyDelete