Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Luck o' the Irish

Happy St. Patrick's Day (a little belated)! I love St. Patrick's Day, though it was a little different this year not being able to toast my heritage with a beer :). Nonetheless, it was a very exciting day, as we had our second ultrasound, and another doctor's appointment, and baby Lehr is growing rapidly. During our little session, we saw him/her flip over, dance around quite a bit, and it even looked like the baby was sucking its thumb! Pretty exciting stuff, considering I still can't feel a thing!!

Spring is my favorite time in Austin . . . it finally gets a little green, the weather is spectacular (low 80's with no humidity), and the end of school is in sight! We took advantage of the amazing weather yesterday and celebrated St. Patrick's Day with some of our favorite people--Jon, Sarah and Peter and our neighbors, Eston and Brenda. I love to entertain--something about being surrounded by your favorite people, eating, drinking (water for me), and laughing. I always like an excuse to cook for a crowd too. It is much more fun than just cooking for Philip and I (although Philip is a great guinea pig--he loves just about every food).

This weekend Philip and I are off to San Antonio to see Billy Joel and Elton John. I cannot wait. Not only have I never been to San Antonio, Billy Joel is pretty much my favorite musician of all time. Add that to spending time with my favorite person, and it is bound to be a memorable weekend. I. Can't. Wait.

Here are the latest ultrasound pics of baby #1. It is insane how much he/she has changed in the last three weeks, and I know it will be even more changes in the coming weeks and months! Almost done with the 1st trimester--thank goodness! Though I still have avoided nausea, I am literally exhausted 98% of the time. I look forward to getting some energy back (I know Philip looks forward to this too--I think he is sick of losing me to bed at 7:45 each night :)!








1 comment:

  1. Yea! I am so glad you are doing well and SO glad you have a blog now :) Have fun at the concert...can't wait to hear about it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete