Tuesday, March 10, 2009

And so it begins . . .

I cannot say I entirely understand the complete fascination with blogs . . . me, I have enough trouble remembering to do the little things each day, let alone remembering to keep up with a blog. I was terrible at keeping a diary, and worse at keeping a journal, until I did so for Philip when he was gone on his six month deployment to the Western Pacific. Then, I remembered to write every night. So in keeping with that idea, we have decided to start a blog to keep our friends and family who are far away, up to date on Baby Lehr #1 (coming September 2009). I figure since I am keeping it for other people (technically), I might remember to post more often. In addition, quite a few friends of ours have blogs, and I find reading them incredibly interesting and amusing. I'm not sure my life is quite as interesting, but we'll see how it goes.

So far pregnancy really has not been too difficult. I have avoided the dreaded "morning" sickness pretty much altogether, though there have been a few nauseous days. I do feel tired all the time, but really, there's not a big difference between what is happening now and my normal life. I really like to sleep and find very few excuses to stay up late.

The most thrilling day so far was the day I saw the baby (Cletus the fetus as Philip calls him/her) on the ultrasound. He/She is definitely extremely active, and it is totally surreal to see this baby moving around like crazy, and not being able to feel a thing. I know that is because the baby is really quite small still, and it won't be long before I feel the movement. But, I've had such few extreme pregnancy symptoms, that sometimes I worry about how everything is going. So to see such an active baby in there was completely blissful. Still quite a bit of time to go (I am almost 12 weeks), and I can't wait to experience all that lies ahead. Stay tuned . . .

Here is our first "picture" of baby Lehr. He/she is tiny but already adorable!


1 comment:

  1. So, is the start of a literary career? Quite a collection of written thoughts. Need to chat with you regarding the use of conjunctions and punctuation associated with their usage. Great narratives! I am so proud of you both. By your collection of written thoughts I am more certain than ever of your love and commitment to each other, and that #1 is the start of the PRL line of offspring. Couldn't be prouder. I love you both very much. Dad.

    ReplyDelete